[mythtv-users] NUV TO WINDOWS PC

Raphael Pooser rpooser at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 14:06:22 EST 2005

So, there is the built in software transcoder in myth, and you can use
that to transcode to mpeg4.  Once you do that, the files are named still
with extension .nuv.  Can you open and play those in windows media
player (or any other player for windows like ati fileplayer for
example)?  In your example you changed the extension to .avi but
otherwise it looks to do about that same as if you used the transcoder
in myth, except that you are tailoring the files to be much smaller for
your own purposes.
Raphael