[mythtv-users] FC4, Multiple Tuner (PVR-250, PVR-350) Help with sound config

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Tue Nov 8 10:46:06 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 01:14, Rod wrote:

> It appears so but I'm still not sure how to fix this.  I tried
> unloading/loading both the msp3400 and msp3400-ivtv with no success.
> The sound output still keeps switching from the 250 to the 350 but I
> cannot get sound out of both for the same module configuration.
>
> > I am not an FC expert (have never liked the RedHat distro's), so can't
> > tell you how to remove the alias
>
> Neither am I.  I'm using Fedora because there are instructions
> available.  I would use a different distro if it might prove easier to
> configure, get working and maintain.
>
> Is a PVR-250/350 combination known to work?

I have two systems with that combination of cards working just fine.
Masterbackend is using FC3 the slave backend is using FC4.

I use the PVR-350 for output to the TV.  I am using Mythtv 18.1 on both
systems (one acts as a master backend/frontend).   I currently am using
ivtv 0.3.7k on the slave and 0.3.2d on the masterbackend.

Need to upgrade those but have not had any significant problems with
those ivtv versions.  (did have issues with a PVR-500 card but that is
not being used currently.)

What is not clear (maybe I missed it in your earlier posts) is your
statement "The sound output still keeps switching from the 250 to the
350 but I cannot get sound out of both for the same module
configuration."

As far as I know there is not sound output on the PVR-250 card.

I have the following in my modprob.conf file on the FC4 system:

# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 ivtv
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
alias char-major-81-1 ivtv
alias tveeprom tveeprom-ivtv
alias tuner tuner-ivtv
alias msp3400 msp3400-ivtv
install ivtv /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install ivtv; /sbin/modprobe
ivtv-fb
# lirc stuff
install lirc_i2c /sbin/modprobe ivtv; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
lirc_i2c

The alias msp3400 msp3400-ivtv was added based on Jarod's guide.  Not
sure if you mentioned that previously or not.