[mythtv-users] OTA HD Antennas??

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Tue Nov 8 07:17:35 EST 2005

A JM wrote:
> I'm looking for an OTA antenna to pick up HD content and would love some
> input on what everyone is using and how well it's working for them. My
> plan is to install the antenna in the attic and was hoping there was an
> amplified version available, most of my HD stations are within 20 miles
> of the house and within 6 degrees of one another according to
> AntennaWeb.org.

Are they all UHF or are some in VHF?  If you can get away with a
UHF-only antenna they're much smaller.  I have one of these:

http://www.antennasdirect.com/42XG_television_antenna.html

and it works well for me about 25 miles west of the Boston stations.  I
did *not* have as good luck with the Radio Shack version of this.  You
might also consider something like

http://www.antennasdirect.com/DB4_HDTV_antenna.html

which is less directional and therefore easier to aim.

-Doug