[mythtv-users] Backup LVM group (kinda OT)

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 20:55:04 EST 2005

I am getting my hands on a slightly used DDS4 external SCSI tape drive. I am
also getting about 7 tapes. I have a SCSI card already. I would like to back
up my video files on my Myth BE. I am currently having one or more of these
three issues. I am using an ATI Radeon 7000 AGP card. I think the drivers I
have might be causing the system to lock up. I might have shoddy RAM as
well. But the most plausible explanation could be the severely under powered
PSU. It's only 380W for 3 120GB drives and one 80GB drive. I also have a DVD
burner running off it as well. In any case, my BE is not recording shows
anymore. I would like to start with a fresh Fedora Core 3 install.(Primarily
because I hear FC4 has some issues). What kind of problems am I going to see
adding a SCSI card to this setup? Is there any easy way to install or user
friendly software I can use to copy all my data to these tapes? i figure
that 7 x 40 is 280GBs. Much more than I currently need but more than I have
in available space on other HDDs. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jim

BTW:

Current Kernel is 2.6.10.1-776