[mythtv-users] OverScan / Vertical alignment

Allan Mcintosh amcintosh at atreus-systems.com
Mon Nov 7 14:57:29 EST 2005

>>>Can any one suggest a way to move projected image down on TV-Out for
>>>playback of recordings and videos?
>>>

>I think the crop/zoom/displace stuff in Myth only applies to what
>portion of the recording Myth will play, not where on the TV it will be
>played.  To move the actual output around on your TV you'd need to fuss
>with the modelines.  If I ever get my frontends working again (they're
>both borked) I'll try using the "use separate resolution for playback"
>switch and specify slightly different modelines so that the X gui
>shrinks a bit (the current modeline pushes the display too far to the
>right) and the playback window expands a bit.

I record and playback via SVideo.  I have noticed that play back of
recordings and videos don't fill the entire screen as mythfrontend
does.   OverScan is full throttle. I have driver overscan at *max* in
xorg.conf and in ~/.nvidia-settings-rc=TVOverScan[TV-0]=21. Many of
mythfronted tabs and buttons are off the screen but Video and recording
playback could still use overscan increase to hide the edges. I have not
touched MythFrontend overscan.