[mythtv-users] checkboxes in Mythweb not sticking

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Mon Nov 7 13:26:42 EST 2005

> And yet it worked perfectly for the FQDN access method even though
> the cookie domain would have been set incorrectly since none was
> specified.

Sounds like it's working appropriately for UseCanonicalName off (ie.
pass hostname from request)

> I don't *have* to use different names, but it's a lot easier to type
>  "//box/mythweb" when I'm sitting at home.

Why don't people like using bookmarks?  One bookmark with a short
keyword like "myth" will solve that issue.

> The reason I originally turned off UseCanonicalName was because (1)
> it forces a redirect to the FQDN and therefore requires
> authenticating twice,

huh?  read what the term does.  All it does is tell the server to send
the servername info to the client as is stated in the config file,
rather than the one the browser sends in the virtual host request.

> and (2) it means everything going to the server has to pass through
> the router twice.

again, huh?

> That's nice, in a way, in that I lose all internal access to the web
>  server if the external gateway is broken or the DNS record has
> expired (so I know it's broken).  Faking the FQDN in /etc/hosts makes
> testing the machine via the gateway impossible.

That's why you turn off the entry in /etc/hosts when you're testing.

-Chris