[mythtv-users] Knoppmyth 5.22 can not play DVD

Sergio P. Cesar sergio at winc.net
Mon Nov 7 06:42:32 EST 2005

New installation of knoppmyth 5.22

I can play CD ok but no dvd, try using mplayer and xine
I have replaced the DVD player and the DVD itself with a known good device
from a working FC1 install and I get the same thing.
Any ideas is appreciated.
I get many errors in dmesg like below where the sector number changes for
every message
:
hdc: command error: error=0x54 { AbortedCommand LastFailedSense=0x05 }
ide: failed opcode was: unknown
end_request: I/O error, dev hdc, sector 15407728
hdc: command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hdc: command error: error=0x54 { AbortedCommand LastFailedSense=0x05 }
ide: failed opcode was: unknown
end_request: I/O error, dev hdc, sector 15407736
hdc: command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hdc: command error: error=0x54 { AbortedCommand LastFailedSense=0x05 }
ide: failed opcode was: unknown
end_request: I/O error, dev hdc, sector 15407744