[mythtv-users] Audio output: SPDIF & stereo

Simon Levitt maillists at whattf.com
Mon Nov 7 05:40:30 EST 2005

I've a question regarding the setting up of audio output devices. This may be
some slightly OT ALSA configuration I can do, but I haven't found a way to do
it yet..

Is it possible to enable passthrough and still get Stereo out from the normal
output jack (Even when the passthrough isn't a Stereo signal)?

If not, how difficult would it be to add the ability to swap on the fly
between, say, a set of audio configs (single keypress)?

I'd like this, as most of the time I'm quite happy listening to TV via the TVs
stereo speakers, but occasionally I'd like to pump the output through my Amp
(and don't really want to enter the configuration screen when I do)
Having the stereo output disable on the switch would be acceptable.

I have both links working, but obviously would like to send more than just
stereo to my Amp (where available of course).

The same also applies to watching DVDs (probably more so actually), but that's
an issue for Xine...

Cheers,

Simon.,