[mythtv-users] PVR-350 + PAL tv, over scan problem.

Niklas Palmqvist npalmqvist at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 18:49:39 EST 2005

Hi there.

Installing Mythtv with a PVR-350 on FC4. Have gotten X to display on my tv,
but I am left with the overscan problem, i.e. I can not see the entire
desktop on my tv, which is frustrating.

When I try to run mythtv-setup, I can not see the entire screen either, the
edges are cut off.

Have googled and looked at various forums, but no luck so far. Have used
xvidtune to try and tweak the settings, but have not been able to find a
good match.

This is the section on my xorg.conf file:

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "PAL Monitor"
HorizSync 30-68
VertRefresh 50-120
Mode "720x576"
DotClock 42.6
HTimings 720 760 832 944
VTimings 576 577 580 602
Flags "-HSync" "-VSync"
EndMode
EndSection

Any thoughts on how to get this to display properly?

Thanks in advance.

Niklas