[mythtv-users] Extending recordings while recording

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sun Nov 6 18:36:05 EST 2005

mythtv-users at fastdruid.co.uk wrote:
> Nick wrote:
>> On 11/6/05, mythtv-users at fastdruid.co.uk
>> <mythtv-users at fastdruid.co.uk> wrote:
>>> I was just wondering if there was an easy way to extend a recording
>>> timeslot while recording?
>> If I'm not mistaken you can do that in the development (SVN) version.

You aren't mistaken, this has been in for a month or two.

> Oh well. Is there any hard way to do it then? ;-)

1) Record the next show after the game.

2) Add a manual record for the channel of the game starting at the
endtime of the game with a duration of how much time you expect
you'll need.

3) Modify the endoffset time for the game in-progress then (hopefully
during a commercial) "Stop" the recording then click "Reactivate".

--  bjm