[mythtv-users] Weird/Blocky Transition Effects

Ken Bass kbass at kenbass.com
Sun Nov 6 15:29:16 EST 2005

When I fast forward a recorded program, I get a very blocky transition
effect. mythtv did not used to do this and I'm not exactly sure when it
started. Sometimes I notced the 'end time' of the program when skipping
fluctuates.

Has there been a change related to the skip logic or anything related to
skipping on a frame boundary (MPEG GOP)?

*OR*

Is this related to the corrupted recordedmarkup table? I let mysql
repair it but is this a consequence of whatever data was corrupted?
Is there anyway to regenerate this? I saw a suggestion in the archived
about runningmythcommflag, but there was a caveat (this was 1 1/2 years
ago) that GOP info it not recovered.

What is odd is that all programs do it. I would think corruption of the
table would only impact certain older recordings, not new ones.

As I say, its been like this for quite a while but its annoying me (and
especially the wife) sufficiently to post about it now.