[mythtv-users] IVTV driver upgrade

Ken Bass kbass at kenbass.com
Sun Nov 6 13:23:54 EST 2005

I am going to upgrade from 0.18.0 to 0.18.1. The changelog says there is
a fix related to not blowing away the guide data if there is a
DirectData error. I'd like that.

I've noticed there has been several new versions of the ivtv driver. I'm
running an old ivtv 0.1.9 on Redhat 9 (kernel 2.4.22). ivtv is up to
0.4.0 as a stable release. Can I upgrade this separately? Does mythtv
need to be recompiled for new header files or anything?

I'd like to goto the 0.18.1 upgrade first so I'm not changing too many
variables at once and upgrade ivtv after I verify it works. Anyone see
any problems with this?

Thanks.