[mythtv-users] Choosing a Suitable DVB-T PCI Card

mythtv-users at fastdruid.co.uk mythtv-users at fastdruid.co.uk
Sun Nov 6 11:47:39 EST 2005

Ben wrote:

>On 10/21/05, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  I am a beginner in DVB-T, and I would like to buy a DVB-T PCI Card to
set up a MythTV in my Linux PC.
>> I have tried to search the archive and google for a week, but I still
cannot come to a final decision about it.
>>  I would like to ask what kind of DVB-T PCI Card is suitable for the
Linux kernel 2.6.13, as I found some of the
>articles about DVB-T Card mentioned that "Not every card that's supported
under Windows works under Linux". Is the list
>mentioned in linuxtv.org
"http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/PCI_devices_DVB-T" be suitable for linux
use? And be able to
>be well supported by DVBAPI?
>>  On the other hand, I would like to ask what aspect should I put my focus
on in choosing those card? I do not want to
>buy a wrong card as they are not cheap :P

>Nova-T seems as well suported as any and is fairly cheap.

I'll second that, also installed automatically under SuSE 10 (kernel
2.6.13-15-smp), had to recompile lirc with the devinput driver rather than
the hauppauge driver as the ir was automatically recognised and mapped to
/dev/input/event2 (and the proceded to confuse the fsck out of me cos the
remote worked with mythtv while lirc wasn't running ;-) ).

There is no additional input though, it's freeview or nothing.

HTH

David