[mythtv-users] MythTV on Xebian

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Sun Nov 6 11:09:08 EST 2005

George Nassas wrote:

> One important point here is you don't have to build your packages on
> the xbox for them to be installable on the xbox. I built mine on my
> backend which is a puny epia M10000. It took a few hours but the end
> result is perfectly usable. I posted my packages a few days ago but
> they're for svn r7600, you'll have to build your own if you want
> 0.18.1. To build packages you can search the archives for
> dpkg-buildpackage. I learned everything I know about debian package
> building from this very list.
>
> My xbox was built/hacked in early October. I remember quite a bit of
> thrashing to get myth installed but that was mostly because I didn't
> realize about the myth/plugins Qt incompatibility issue. Once I
> figured that out I lived with just the base myth until I had a second
> to build my own packages.
>
> - George

I couldn't get your packages installed last time I tried. I forget why
exactly (i've done a lot of stuff since then).

I decided to start with a fresh install of Xebian and compile SVN, but
that isn't working either. For some reason my qt includes are in a
different place than where the configure and make files expect them to
be, and it fails about halfway through. No amount of
symlinking/copying/environment variables has managed to fix it. I'm
going to try using your packages again and see how far I get this time.

Tom