[mythtv-users] manual scheduling -> "no upcoming recordings"

R. Geoffrey Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Sat Nov 5 17:04:04 EST 2005

On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 21:00:00 -0500 (EST), f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:

>    Date: Fri, 04 Nov 05 18:32:16 -0500
>    From: "R. Geoffrey Newbury" <newbury at mandamus.org>
>
>    >(b) I went into Schedule Recordings -> Manual Schedule and wasted
>    >    my time setting up 4 simultaneous recordings 5 minutes into the
>    >    future, only to discover in "Upcoming Recordings" that it's
>    >    claiming "You haven't yet scheduled any recordings."  WTF???
>
>    Yes. We are not alone... I'm sure. It did this to me a couple of times,
>    just about midnight last night. That was in Manual Recording too. And ...
>    Upcoming was empty.
>
>Hmm.  Were you able to figure out any way of bringing back manual
>recording capability?  I've probably got a full reinstall in my near
>future (probably on a different distro entirely), but I'd like to
>understand either how to recover from this, or what might have
>provoked the bug in the first place.  (It sure sounds like both
>of us encountered this by reassigning /dev/videoN entries, though,
>which seems to indicate a bad bug lurking somewhere.)

No I haven't. Rather than the manual route, I then set up a simultaneous
recording job with the guide, while I tried to figure out why live TV
can't find the ringbuffer... But then I found out that I'm not getting
anything recorded... Seems the program can't select/talk to the card
(PVR500)...The card works... I did a 'cat /dev/video0 >...' and ended up
watching large chunks of Dances with Wolves in xine on alternate video
inputs...

(The pcHDTV card is back in a drawer for another while...)

Geoff

R. Geoffrey Newbury                          newbury at mandamus.org
Barrister and Solicitor                         Telephone: 905-271-9600
Mississauga,Ontario, Canada              Facsimile:   905-271-1638