[mythtv-users] Can't see whole picture on playback or live TV

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Nov 5 01:51:48 EST 2005

On 11/05/05 01:12, ffrr wrote:

> There is one  'nvidia-settings' and some messages I read say they
> adjusted overscan using it, but when I run it, I can find no setting
> related to this.  Maybe my very old TNT2 card, without TV out (I am
> using an external converter) doesn't have these settings.

Overscan settings for the NVIDIA cards only apply to TV out.

However, if you're saying that you're losing the top and bottom of your
picture when a 16:9 video is displayed letterboxed in Myth, then
overscan isn't your problem.  I.e., you have an image:

---------------------------------
|            (black)            |
|-------------------------------|
|                               |
|                               |
|                               |
|                               |
|                               |
|                               |
|            (black)            |

If overscan were the problem, the black would be appearing off screen
because Myth is drawing the black as well as the image, and the video
would simply be "tall and skinny" (assuming your horizontal overscan is
set correctly).  Unfortunately, I don't know what the problem may be.
Does it do this on *all* your recordings or even all your 16:9
recordings?  What about 4:3 recordings?  Are they cut off?

Mike