[mythtv-users] manual scheduling -> "no upcoming recordings"

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Fri Nov 4 21:44:19 EST 2005

Greg Estabrooks wrote:

> A Clear Mythbug should be entered into trac. Preferrably a bug that exists
>in latest SVN. Noone wants to waste time trying to track down a described
>bug to find out that it was infact fixed months ago :)

Can I venture something here?  Advice, strongly given here, is to only
use 18.1, i.e. a released version.  Those who have not, like Knoppmyth,
and the PLF rpms, have been taken to task for it.  How, then, can users
report bugs?  There is NO way for them to know what's in the latest
SVN.    Wouldn't a developer be aware of, or be easily able to check,
whether a reported bug had yet been fixed since the last release?

I know you said 'preferably' but I'm afraid this will seldom be the case
for the great majority of users. Or am I wrong, and is everyone running
late SVN builds?