[mythtv-users] Media MVP front end

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Fri Nov 4 21:20:05 EST 2005

> So, for those of you who obviously have one, can it playback mpeg4
> (divx) encoded programs?  I use a cheapie bt87x card for my low-def
> captures, and am hoping/wondering if this will be able to play them?

 No. It has hardware to decode mpeg1/2 video only. mpeg4 will either have
to be converted to mpeg2 or you can ask one of the guys on the mvpmc
list about how the efforts to design an on the fly transcoder is going.

 The Hauupage MVP software does asimilar transcode to mpeg2 ondemand to play
non mpeg2 content.