[mythtv-users] manual scheduling -> "no upcoming recordings"

Josh Burks dotnofoolin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 18:14:54 EST 2005

On 11/4/05, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu <f-myth-users at media.mit.edu> wrote:
>     Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 16:45:55 -0600
>     From: Josh Burks <dotnofoolin at gmail.com>
>
>     On 11/4/05, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu <f-myth-users at media.mit.edu> wrote:
>     <big snip>
>
>     Maybe you should ask for your money back... :)
>
> Maybe I should ask for my -time- back.  Pity I spent all this money
> on this pile o' hardware over here...
>
> Seriously:  You're apparently making the same "it was free, so you
> have no right to complain" argument that a lot of people have made
> about various problems in F/OSS and elsewhere.  That denigrates the
> real problems that real people are having, not to mention insulting
> all the time, sweat, and tears that real people have already spent
> in building the system so far, -and- likewise the effort that the
> users have spent on getting the results to work.
>
> Sorry, but yours is a bogus argument, and you should know it.
> I'm trying to make this a better system.  One way to do this is to
> complain, because otherwise problems can lurk for a long time without
> getting fixed.  Not only does it raise the chances that somebody with
> commit privs will actually be willing to check in fixes, it raises the
> chances that somebody -else- who's also pissed-off about the state of
> the world will go and spend the time hacking to fix it, now that they
> know they're not the only one, that a fix would improve the lives of
> -lots- of people, and that their fix will be accepted into the tree.

Maybe you should take your complaints to the -dev list if you REALLY
want them fixed. I haven't seen a single post from you over there yet.
This is a users list. I like to read the posts to see if I can help
with others problems, but wading through you novels about KnoppMyth's
useablity and Mythtv in general is getting old fast.

> But by simply being snide -in public-, on the mailing list as opposed
> to just to me, you're evidently trying to interfere with an honest
> attempt to get things fixed.  That makes you look foolish.
>
> Maybe you should get out of the way.

You're probably right, so I'll shut up now and continue ignoring your posts.