[mythtv-users] what does xmltv error code 512 mean?

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Fri Nov 4 18:01:18 EST 2005

Michael T. Dean wrote:

> ffrr wrote:
>
>> I am getting a 512 error when mythtv runs mythfilldatabase overnight,
>> but not when I run it manually. This is on a Knoppmyth R5A22 install.
>>
>> Is there anywhere I can look up these error codes, and/or can someone
>> tell me what it means please?
>

> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/134722#134722

The fix was " Fixed this - the xmltv file for the DVB card wasn't
populated. I
expected this to be done automatically but apparently not! "

I am not sure what xmltv file is being referred to here.  There is a
populated au.xmltv in the mythtv user's home in the .mythtv
subdirectory. (au is my video source name)

> Different user running it at the command line from the user running
> mythtv?

Well, I am not sure which user mythtv (under Knoppmyth) uses to run
mythfilldatabase in background.  I ran it, logged in as the user
'mythtv' at a console.

I guess this points to a different user being used by myth for the
nightly mythfilldatabase run?