[mythtv-users] Can't see whole picture on playback or live TV

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Fri Nov 4 17:23:17 EST 2005

Initially, the bottom 10% or more is missing, a bit too much to ignore.
I tried adjusting the overscan/underscan in the playback setup section,
but it doesn't seem to do what I expected. When I set it to about 10%,
the top and bottom 5% or more of the picture are missing.  In other
words, making the overscan positive, makes the missing bits symetrical
but doesn't really get me to see any more.

I should mention that this is a widescreen picture I am looking at, on a
4:3 TV.  So there is ample room (black space) above and below the
picture on the actual TV screen.  I just can't get it to show it.