[mythtv-users] FC3 DVB driver installed in kernel?

cardboil cardboil at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 13:11:44 EST 2005

Not sure. Do an...

# lsmod | more

and see if dvb-core, dvb-ttpci, stv0299, etc. is on the list of loaded
modules. Also, you can check /usr/src/2.6.12-1.1372/drivers/media/dvb to see
if directories like common, frontend, dvb-ttpci, etc. exist. If they don't
exist, you need to get dvb-kernel installed from http://www.linuxtv.org. If
they do exist, you are good to go, but you need new firmware before the
Nexus card will be recognized. Get it from
http://www.linuxtv.org/downloads/firmware/dvb-ttpci-01.fw-261f and save it
your firmware directory as dvb-ttpci-01.fw (remove the -261f suffix). If you
don't know what your firmware directory is (I didn't and I ended up putting
it in the wrong place -- wasting a day or two or troubleshooting), do...

# grep FIRMWARE_DIR= /etc/hotplug/firmware.agent

As for Nexus...I am a newbie and over the last few months have struggled
through a Myth+DVB install. Good news is that I have it running successfully
now and am very happy with it!!

I would highly recommend you switch over to FC4 per Jarod's new (and
excellent) guide -- http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php. He makes it very
easy, but there isn't much help for DVB/Nexus users. There are a few others
out there, but they are mostly outdated. I have documented my install steps
in fair amount of detail and will send it out when I've cleaned it up.