[mythtv-users] Multiple ATI Remote Wonders

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 12:17:54 EST 2005

On 11/3/05, Robert Johnston <anaerin at gmail.com> wrote:

Tried seeing what irw reports as you press keys on the remote?

I have now tried the command "irw", it reports absolutely nothing during
those times when the following line is in effect (in /etc/modprobe.conf):

options lirc_atiusb unique=1 debug=1 mask=0x0002

I also tried mask=0x00FF - same results, still no "irw" output.

I have also noticed that the codes received, as noted in the system log,
do not match the codes in /etc/lircd.conf. The codes are close, differing in
only one byte-position ( I checked only a few keys: 2 3 4 5).

Does this mean I have to run the "irrecord" command again, and then ADD the
codes generated during that run to the codes already in /etc/lircd.conf ?
Or, REPLACE the existing /etc/lircd.conf with the newly-generated set of
codes from re-running irrecord ?

If re-running "irrecord" is required every time the unit code ID is changed,
my comment would be that changing IDs is not something I would want to do
every day, or every week, or even every month!

--
MM