[mythtv-users] Problems with AC3 sound

Curtis Stanford curtis at stanfordcomputing.com
Fri Nov 4 11:33:23 EST 2005

Hey everybody, I'm scratching my head over this AC3 thing. I have
mpeg2 files coming directly over firewire from my DCT-6200 cable box.
Audio on normal channels work fine (shows as AC3 2-channel) but on HD
channels, the audio sometimes becomes crackly and stuttery
(especially on 6-channel AC3). I don't want any fancy pass throughs
or anything, I just want it to play on my 2-speaker system through my
ALSA supported sound card (intel-8x0 ICH5). I've tried a bunch of
things from various searches I've done but can't get rid of this effect.

I don't think I'm overloading my CPU, it's only running 20-25%
playing HD using a FX5200 card and XvMC.

Thanks

Curtis

PS - using latest SVN of mythtv