[mythtv-users] Simultaneous recordings fail spectacularly [SOLVED!]

Josh Burks dotnofoolin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 11:27:36 EST 2005

On 11/3/05, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu <f-myth-users at media.mit.edu> wrote:
<snip>
> Consider:  I've spent 30+ years in the field---in compiler design,
> artificial intelligence, hardware hacking, software agents, computer
> security, cryptography, and even (wait for it...) user interface
> usability testing.  And yet I -still- managed to assign every single
> one of my tuners to the same Unix device---and failed to discover this
> fact for a solid -week-, despite half a dozen reinstalls.
<big snip>

Then why aren't you the one fixing these "problems". For as much
effort that you put into your posts to this list, you could have
rewritten all the code/bugs you're constantly complaining about.

In case you haven't noticed, the unoffical motto seems to be "by
developers, for developers". If you don't like something (and it
bothers you so bad that it requires a 9391 char post to describe it),
then fix it yourself. The code is available, everything you need to
know is on svn.mythtv.org, and in the documentation on mythtv.org.

Just my .02,

Josh