[mythtv-users] Re: KnoppMyth R5A22 seriously broken (was: RE: Mythtv -0.18.1 using protocol 15)

cwatson at linkline.com cwatson at linkline.com
Thu Nov 3 19:19:29 EST 2005

Isaac Richards writes:

> On Thursday 03 November 2005 02:28 pm, Jim Reith wrote:
>> I'm assuming you're not the original poster. My point was that
>> whomever complained about KnoppMyth here should have looked to the
>> forum that supports it and that is monitored by the distro packager
>> before complaining in the general list.
>
> Judging by the official answers in that thread you linked to, people should be
> asking questions on this list.
>
> Isaac

All this excitement over a little mistake.  Isaac, I truly appreciate what
you've started with MythTV.  It is _the way_ I watch TV.  However, I don't
appreciate your tone in this thread.  I didn't just pull random version of
SVN to use with my latest release.  Following the directions on
svn.mythtv.org, I did the following:

svn co http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/branches/release-0-18-fixes/mythtv

Was I wrong in my zeal to try and include the latest "stable" release with
of MythTV with KnoppMyth?

In packaging MythTV for KnoppMyth, there _are_ no additional dependencies
other than what it needs (Thanks to Matt for the original diffs).  MythTV in
KnoppMyth is _no_ different than MythTV in any other distro.  We simply try
to make everything easy to install (Linux, MythTV, NFS, Samba, Apache, Xine,
MPlayer, nuv2disc, etc...).  One can install KnoppMyth, remove the packaged
debs and compile MythTV from source if one chooses.

Now for giggles, I tried the following a few minutes ago:

svn co http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythtv

Then in a different directory:

svn co http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/branches/release-0-18-fixes/mythtv

Low and behold, they both checked out the _same_ version (7689).  Perhaps
that is the root of the problem?

Warm regards,

Cecil