[mythtv-users] Media MVP front end

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Thu Nov 3 12:22:12 EST 2005

> I have been using the MediaMVP for over a year and think ti's great.
> The biggest missing feature (for me) is the commercial skip.  I see
> from the mailing list that it might be getting some work done on
> adding though.
>
> I used to have my PC in the room next to the living room feed the TV
> and stereo, but the MediaMVP eliminated that need.  I have my backend
> in the basement and the MediaMVP sitting on top of my TV.
>
> Jeff

I second this. I've been using it for quite a while too. A better way to
skip commercials would be nice.

I also use it a lot for just playing stored videos, meaning they are not
videos in the current Recordings. I wish it had some playlist
functionality, where I could select two or more shows and play in
succession.

But, these are not complaints. I like the Media MVP a lot.

James