[mythtv-users] Simultaneous recordings fail spectacularly---why? [part 1]

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Thu Nov 3 12:03:21 EST 2005

Oh, and one more data point:

I tried scheduling a 10-minute recording on ch2 for 11:30-11:40,
and a 10-minute recording on ch4 for 11:35-11:45.

The first 5 minutes of the ch2 recording are fine.

At 11:35, -BOTH- recordings started recording ch4!

(And the one that started earlier showed a periodic pixellation into
large chunks, about one per second or so, while doing so.)

It's like Myth (or something) is losing track of which card is which
and is just always using tuner 0.  [In fact, my first test like this
showed ch4 in the second half of the "ch2" file and ch4 in the ch4
file; my second test was to unplug the RF-in from all but the first of
the 250's; -that- test also shows ch4 in the second half of the "ch2"
file, and a zero-length "ch4" file.  So it really and truly is looking
like tuner0 got commanded to switch to ch4, which is just totally wrong.]

Thanks!