[mythtv-users] Re: LVM and a new hard drive

Joshua Fechner phekno at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 11:59:07 EST 2005

What if I don't want to save any of the data on the 20GB drive? Should I
just forget that command? Excuse my noobness but I have never worked with
LVM (except in using DiskDruid). I am comfortable with fdisk. Anyway, do I
fdisk the 80GB and tell fdisk that it's an LVM physical volume, format it
using jfs, and just lvextend? I understand most of that, but what's the jfs
formatting command? Thanks for your quick response and any future help.
 Phekno