[mythtv-users] PVR150 and 250 extra Tuner/Svideo Inputs

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Nov 3 10:33:05 EST 2005

Robert Macaulay wrote:

> On 11/3/05, *Michael T. Dean* <mtdean at thirdcontact.com
> <mailto:mtdean at thirdcontact.com>> wrote:
>
>     Sergio P. Cesar wrote:
>
>     >How do I delete the extra inputs in the configuration for the PVR
>     150 and
>     >250? it show "tuner 1", "Svideo 1", "Svideo 2", "Svideo 3" for
>     each card.
>     >
>     >
>     You'll have to take the electronics off your PVR-x50...  (So don't
>     do it.)
>
>     Just don't associate them with a source and they won't be used.
>

> What is the tuner1 for in that case? how would one use it?
>
> The card can only capture one thing at a time, so why does it have two
> tuners?

Nothing.  The PVR-150 has tuner 0 and tuner 1 (PVR-250 only has tuner 0)
because it's made from the same components as a PVR-500 (which does have
two tuners and two encoders).  The PVR-150 doesn't have any inputs
allowing you to send a signal to the other tuner, and even if it did, it
doesn't have an encoder that could encode the signal, so it doesn't help
you.  Basically, they're made from standard components that would have
allowed Hauppauge to include more functionality than they did.

However, you can actually make use of some of those extra
S-Video/Composite connections (
http://registration.hauppauge.com/webstore/hardware1.asp#av_cable ), but
note that it doesn't make your PVR-150 record two things at once--it
only allows you to choose which S-Video input to use (i.e. the one
connected to your cable box or the one connected to your VCR or something).

Mike