[mythtv-users] Is gentoo the way to go?

greg at nodecam.com greg at nodecam.com
Thu Nov 3 09:20:38 EST 2005

> I am thinking gentoo may be the answer but how stable is it and how
> difficult to set up (I have compiled a few kernels).

After having not used linux in 5 years or so, I got back into it by
embarking on a Myth/Gentoo project.  If you're not afraid of compiling a
kernel, Gentoo is a snap to set up Myth on.  Follow the install
documentation, and make sure you hit the kernel options you need, and you
shouldn't have any problems.  I don't see a lot of Gentoo users on here
asking for help, even though I know there are a lot of gentoo myth
installs out there.

Portage is a wonderful tool.

Greg