[mythtv-users] Re: cidbcast mythudprelay and caller id on my laptop?

David Won daveshome at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 09:07:31 EST 2005

Ok I start
mythudprelay --xslfile callerid.xsl
--bcast="255.255.255.255<http://255.255.255.255>"
-- udpport_in=6947 --udpport_out=6948
on my myth box
Then I run
cidbcast --once --file cidbcast.xml --device=/dev/modem ttyS0 "3015551212"
"JOE SCHMOE" 1
on the myth box.
On my laptop I run.
tethereal |grep 6948
Capturing on eth0
3.864207 207.130.129.100 <http://207.130.129.100> ->
255.255.255.255<http://255.255.255.255>UDP Source port: 33099
Destination port: 6948

The data is being broadcast to everything on my lan on port 6948.
How can I capture this data on my laptop and send it to xosd (osd_cat) to
display it??