[mythtv-users] Moving scheduled recordings to new DB / LVM2 group failure

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Thu Nov 3 08:07:42 EST 2005

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 03:32:08PM -0600, Cory Zerwas wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to wipe the drives and create a new DB for myth. However, I want to
> bring in all the old recording schedules so I don't have to spend tons of
> time setting all of that junk back up. Is there an easy way to purge the
> currently recorded programs out of the DB so I just have the core MythTV
> config, schedules, and recording groups/priorities?

Well the main tables relating to recorded programs are
anything starting with recorded (recorded, recordedcredits, recordedmarkup,
recordedprogram, recordedrating). You could manually delete the records
from those tables with a bit of sql.

> Also, if anyone has recovered an LVM 2 member disk's partition table I would
> appreciate hearing about that as well.

If your partition used to cover the whole disk, there is the
possibility that just the partition table has been trashed and the
info is still there.

You can create a partition table which matches what was there before
(easy with a single partition on the whole disk) then cross your
fingers and hope that the data is there. But if you get it wrong
your data is dead.

I've done this with single disk partitions, but not ones that
are part of lvm.

Use at you own risk!!!

Stuart