[mythtv-users] Is gentoo the way to go?

Ben Edwards funkytwig at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 07:36:32 EST 2005

I have been having various problems installing MythTV. My prefered option is
Ubuntu Breezy but I cant get that woring (c other email). I have also had
some luck with KnoppixMyth whitch is great at getting a basic system
running. However getting everything working properly is a nightmare as there
are no consistent usable sources. You are not meant to do a apt-get
dist-upgrade, even upgrade is problematic. I cant even get the dependencies
for nuv2disc without getting into dependency hell!.

I am thinking gentoo may be the answer but how stable is it and how
difficult to set up (I have compiled a few kernels).

Ben

--
Ben Edwards - Bristol, UK, England
WARNING:This email contained partisan views - dont ever accuse me of using