[mythtv-users] Transcode command line

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 07:21:30 EST 2005

Ok thanks, i'll did that. BTW, the vob i ripped on windows has all kinds of
languages in the begging you know in star wars where it explains stuff, it
flashes between like all 6 languages. How can i rip that first VOB file with
just english subtitles or whatever causes that. ALso, the ripped file the
sound is offset, it sucks.

On 11/2/05, Chad <masterclc at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/2/05, MacNean Tyrrell <dardack at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Ok so i bought the new star wars movie. Has some stupid protection on
> it.
> > Like it won't play in the linux computer dvd drive, and if you watch the
> vob
> > file in windows (without anydvd at least) or linux it's like got boxes
> all
> > over it, encrypted. I really like the quality that mythdvd rip
> (transcode)
> > gives over any other program i've ever used. So i was able to rib the
> vob
> > files on my windows machine and transfer them over to the mythtv box.
> But
> > now i need the transcode command that mythdvd uses for "excellent".
> where
> > can i find this. I want to do 2 passes, and really dont' know how to do
> it
> > b\on the command line. Thanks.
> >
> > --
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > MacNean C. Tyrrell
>
> I don't know off the top of my head, but...
>
> If you plop in a DVD that DOES play/can be ripped, and start the
> process, you can then cat mtd.log (assuming you use it) and see what
> the command is for transcode.
>
> Cool

Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell