[mythtv-users] Interrupt the boot process?

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Thu Nov 3 06:59:00 EST 2005

Blake wrote:

> Hello, Mythers!
>
>     I've been unfortunately tied up and so not able to play with my
> Myth  setup for the past six weeks or so, and in that time a new
> KnoppMyth  release came out. So, I downloaded burned and went to try
> it and got a  much smoother version of the same problems I was having
> in September.<s>  Basically, when the machine boots, it goes through
> the whole startup  process then when it goes into graphics mode, goes
> blank.
>
>     I've seen some info about editing certain config files, which I
> would do  happily, except that I can't figure out how to stop it
> before the GUI  launches. Magic keypress anyone?
>
>     ===Blake===

Even if the GUI launches, try <ctrl>-<alt>-<F1>    (or any other
Function key between 1 and 6)  and you should end up at a text console
login screen.  <ctrl>-<alt>-<F7>  gets you back to the graphics screen.

Once there, you can log in and edit files.  I often jump to a console
screen to do stuff, even when Myth front end is up and running. It's
easier than quitting the front end to get back to the gui desktop.