[mythtv-users] DVD playing question...

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Wed Nov 2 19:03:45 EST 2005

This is another newbie Q I'm sure....

I'm tyring to get play DVDs.  I click on the DVD menu item, and mythtv
plays the first track of the dvd.  I don't get an option to select a
different track.

I'm used to using lsdvd to list the dvd contents, and then playing the
longest tracks via mplayer.  How do I configure this correctly to either
a) read the menustructure on the dvd, or b) just give the the choice of
the tracks (preferrably sorted in decreasing playtime order)?

Is this standard and I'm just missing a tweak, or do I need to build a
menu around parsed lsdvd output?

Thanks,

--Yan