[mythtv-users] need help.. power failure now no boot

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 18:59:36 EST 2005

We had a power failure at the house today and the Myth box went down. Now
when I try to boot the box it "FAILED" on checking the "filesystems". It
appears to have mounted the root file system but after that I get the
message:
 "An error occoured during the file system check
Droping you to a shell; the system will reboot
when you leave the shell
Give root password for maintenance
(or type Control-D to continue)"
  The filesystem is setup like so with a LVM:
     Partition
 Mount Point
 Size
 Format
 /dev/hda1
 /boot
 50-100MB
 ext3
 /dev/hda2
 swap
 same as RAM (ex: 512MB)
 swap
 /dev/hda3
 /
 8-12GB
 ext3
 /dev/hda5
 /video
 Everything else
 jfs
     *# pvdisplay /dev/hda5*
 Couldn't find device with uuid' eZ9..........
Couldn't find all physical volumes for volume group VolGroup01
format_text: _vg_read failed to read VG Volgroup01

--- Physical volume ---
PV Name /dev/hda5
VG Name
PV Size 140.35