[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: can't get power button script to restart front end (From Jarod's guide)

Jon Kunze jon99ut at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 18:26:09 EST 2005

When I try to run irexec with the mythpowerbutton.sh script, I get this:
 # irexec /usr/local/bin/mythpowerbutton.sh
irexec: bad file format, /usr/local/bin/mythpowerbutton.sh:2
 I looked through the script file, and I can't seem to find any typos, so I
thought I'd ask for a second opinion. My script file looks like this:
 #!/bin/bash
PROG=mythfrontend
STATUS=`ps -e | grep $PROG | grep -v grep | wc -l | awk '{print $1}'`

if [ `echo $DISPLAY | grep -c ":0"` -ge 1 ]
then
if [ $STATUS -eq 0 ]
then
( $PROG & )