[mythtv-users] Re: MythMusic and lcdproc

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Wed Nov 2 07:19:49 EST 2005

Around about 02/11/05 09:55, David Watkins typed ...
> I'm very happy to reply, but I don't think I can add much to what
> you've found out.
> I'm running mythtv 18.1 and lcdproc 0.4.5, and I think I'm seeing what
> you see.  That is, I can see the menu options, including track name as
> I select it, but once the track has played for a few seconds the
> display drops back to show only the time, when I'd prefer it to
> continue showing the current track.

   OK, thanks, it's what I suspected.  I've actually heard from someone else
who moved to CVS, which fixed it.  That's a step I'm very wary of taking, esp.
in the Autumn TV season!

> ...  However once I get an AV amp there will be
> a bigger incentive to try to make use of the LCD display.

   That's what I've set up, and was the impetus for setting up an LCD:  being
able to see the current track without having the TV on.

> At the moment my display is of no real benefit, except for telling the
> time and letting me know whether the fronted is running or not [ and
> it looks a little bit cool].

   My intention is to cobble a perl script up that shows the backend HD temps
and free space, plus tuner status.  That's all icing on the music front,
though;  without that there seems little point buying the unit.

   Have to hope 0.19's not too long in coming :)

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature