[mythtv-users] Anybody using transcode 1.0.1?

Vijay Gill vijay.s.gill at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 04:34:16 EST 2005

Hi,

   I have a very stable set-up of MythTV using an old DXR + PVR350 +
Fedora Core 4 + mencoder (for ending to DVD compliant files). The box
is so stable, I find it boring now. So I am thinking of trying
transcode also (version 1.0.1).

  Is anybody using transcode? Or has anybody compared transcode and
mencoder? I read about the skip filter in transcode which might help
me in the current encoding process I use.

  Currently I edit in mythfrontend to create cutlist, use a
combination of mythtranscode (writing to fifos) and mencoder to get
files encoded. But I have seen if I use mencoder without using
mythtranscode (I mean directly encoding the same .nuv file, of course
without cutlist), the speed is 35-45 fps but ont 23-24 with
mythtranscode + mencoder.

  Any tips/scripts will be welcome.

Regards from
Vijay Gill