[mythtv-users] Can someone please explain channel numbers with multiple cards?

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Tue Nov 1 08:05:59 EST 2005

   I currently have a PVR-350 which is only used to record off my satellite
STB.  I've set up my channels in Myth to have the same numbers as the
satellite (UK Sky, starting at 101 = BBC1).

   I'm planning on adding at least one DVB card and I wanted to know how it's
(say) BBC1 will related to the satellite's.  Will they both be '101', with the
button I faintly recall reading about changing between tuners?  Or would it
be, say '1' [DVB] and '101' [Sat] and the tuner-swap button works as both are
xmltv-tagged 'bbc1'?

   And what about 2 DVB cards which presumably want the same channel numbers?

   I have read that DVB *currently* automatically stores channels as it finds
them (but this is now gone from SVN?).  So what happens when a channel
clashes?  it's currently mostly OK as DVB channel are usually < 100, but some
radio stations I think are now > 100, so will these overwrite my Sat. ones?

   And what has replaced the auto-tune in SVN?  They do seem to have a
tendancy to move these things about and I'd hoped that following them would be
automatic.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature