[mythtv-users] How do I removed existing mysql database and start over?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue May 31 21:10:09 UTC 2005

Mark Knecht wrote:

>Title says it. I filed a message here the the other day but no one
>seemed ot have any ideas about why I cannot log into the existing
>database anymore.

You have to make changes to MySQL privileges as a MySQL user who has
access to the privilege tables.  I.e. log in to MySQL as root before you
issue the grant command.

http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-6.html#ss6.2

User mythtv does not have permission to grant user mythtv privileges.
That would be a huge security hole...

All of this is covered in the MySQL privilege system documentation at
the links I provided in the other thread.

Mike