[mythtv-users] UK EPG????

Ian Trider iantri at gmail.com
Tue May 31 18:46:44 UTC 2005

On 5/31/05, Martin <mmacleod at london.edu> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>                 I have been reading this forum and found out about the Radio
> Times EPG for the UK, but I have a telewest cable subscription, does anyone
> know of an EPG that can be used for UK cable channels? Is there one, or does
> this mean I am stuck with only terrestrial channel listings.
> My cable comes in through a Pace set top box, do I need 2 boxes to be able
> to use the dual tuner capability of the PVR500, I read that it had an
> internal splitter - does this apply to cable TV as well? How are other users

This confusion probably comes about because of the use of the word
'tuner' -- the tuner internal to the card tunes a signal input from
aerial (or analog cable in US and Canada; does UK not have analog
cable anymore? or are the frequencies not standardized; like, can you
connect the coax directly to your television set?).  If you are
feeding in the signal from a set-top box, you are not using the tuner
at all; you are using the composite (or S-Video or SCART) video input
-- the STB handles the tuning and outputs the tuned video.

So, essentially, you'll need two set top boxes if you want to use both inputs.

--
Ian Trider
iantri at gmail.com