[mythtv-users] XvMC output not working

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Tue May 31 12:32:44 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 11:30 -0400, Michael Haan wrote:
> On 5/29/05, Mario Limonciello <mario.mailing at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Michael Haan wrote:
> >

> > >It looks like there are two different versions of XvMC in there.  How
> > >can I tell which version myth is using?  I'm just wondering if maybe
> > >it's not using the right one and I were to switch it, then XvMC might
> > >work.
> > >
> > Well, check the value of your /etc/X11/XvMCConfig
> > mine shows up like this:
> > supermario at supermario ~ $ cat /etc/X11/XvMCConfig
> > libXvMCNVIDIA.so
>
> That file does not exist on my machine:

XvMCConfig is only used if MythTV is linked to XvMCW. To see what MythTV
is linked to you can use ldd.
  ldd /usr/local/bin/mythfrontend  | grep XvMC
It may be linked directly to libXvMCNVIDIA.so, or another library. I believe
the order of preference is XvMCW, Via, nVidia, I810. XvMCW is wrapper library
that allows you to use any of one the others at runtime by updating
/etc/X11/XvMCConfig.