[mythtv-users] Re: tv programs that run long

Stephen Williams stephen.gw at gmail.com
Tue May 31 09:48:20 UTC 2005

On 5/31/05, Jit V <jit_v1 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I know that someone was working on PDC (programme delivery control, or
> something like that).
>
> Anyway... not sure if this is an international standard, but in the UK the
> broadcasts contain extra information which can be picked up by PDC enabled
> video recorders and allows them to determine when a programme has started or
> ended, allowing them to adjust recording times etc automatically.
>
> I'd love to see this on mythtv :)

A while ago whilst flicking through the UK DVB specs (as you do) I
remember seeing a DVB equivalent of PDC. Basically it's a flag which
is set if the programme is currently being aired. Again, I don't know
whether this is UK specific or even whether the broadcasters use this
to indicate programmes that are over running....

Has anybody got any information or looked into this? Could a nice
addition to (already much improved!) myth DVB support.

Steve