[mythtv-users] Re: DVB channels unwatchable?

Niels Dybdahl niels.dybdahl at gmail.com
Sun May 29 20:27:21 UTC 2005

> > > I have set up mythtv with the new
> > > card, got it to scan and add in all channels, but the channels are
> > > unwatchable, such as I set up BBC1 on the DVB card to channel 2001, and
> > > when I type in "2001" then enter, it doesn't change, and the channel
> > Hi Piers,
> >
> > I have the same problem here. Have you found a solution ?
> >
> > Best regards
> > Niels Dybdahl
> Looks to me the DVB card is not your only card ? Right ??

You are right. I have a PVR-350 as the first card and a Twinhan as the
second card.

I found a workaround for the error messages:

> 2005-05-16 14:56:03.580 DVB#0 ERROR - Unable to find channel in database.
> 2005-05-16 14:56:03.584 DVB#0 ERROR - Failed to get channel options for channel 1.

On my system it reports error for channel 3 instead of 1. I changed
the channel numbers so that a DVB channel is on 3 instead of a analog
channel.

> Live TV is only on you 1st defined card.
> As far as I know switching from a NOT-DVB card to a DVB card isn't possible.

That surprises me. But if I start a recording on the second channel,
then I suppose I can watch it ? I will try that now...

Niels Dybdahl