[mythtv-users] Yum versus apt

mogens lunde acer at mogenslunde.dk
Sun May 29 08:46:49 UTC 2005

I will now atempt my 7th reinstall of FC3 + Mythtv, and hope for success
this time ;-) The last times I have not had luck with apt, as some of
the program for example ivtv were not available using apt-get install.
So till now I have used a mix of apt and yum. Probably this could
explain my problems.

I can see that Jarod Wilson is now recomending to use yum. What is not
clear to me howver, is whether I wold still have to get Axel Thimm's
ATrpms-kickstart, or I should just proceed with "yum upgrade" after
having installed FC3?

Mogens