[mythtv-users] [VERY OT] Pundit-R Celeron and memory choices for Myth frontend

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sat May 28 22:32:27 UTC 2005

Hi,
   I'm purchasing 3 Pundit-R's for frontend only machines. I noticed
that there is a 90nm 533MHz FSB Celeron D processor that seems to run
without a fan:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819112197

Does anyone have experience with such Celeron processors running
MythTV? Obviously one less fan in each box would be quite nice if the
little buggers don't burn themselves up.

   Also, I've been quite surprised that the XBox frontend I built runs
fine with only 64MB of DRAM. How much DRAM is the MINIMUM amount I
could get away with? 256MB? 128MB? Less money on memory means more
Pundit-Rs I can buy.

   Does anyone know if the Pundit-R requires two DIMMs be installed or
can I just run with one?

Thanks in advance,
Mark