[mythtv-users] Manual entry of channels

Derek Scollon mailing.lists at scotwebsolutions.com
Sat May 28 13:45:21 UTC 2005

The channel scan in mythtvsetup has picked up most of the channels I was expecting to find on Freeview, but there are a few discrepancies. Not realising that DVB scanning was automated in mythtvsetup, I'd previously run the scan program from the dvb-apps package. The scan program has picked up a few channels which didn't appear after the channel scan in Myth. Is there a reason for this? Can these channels be entered manually into Myth? The output from scan doesn't seem to correspond with the database entries in any way I can see.

An example of one which wasn't picked up is...

Discovery:658166670:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_1_2:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_2K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_32:HIERARCHY_NONE:6449:6450:15168

--
Best regards,
Derek